Mentoring reflects the traditional Yoga model of a strong student/teacher relationship. The 8 Limbs Yoga Teacher Training Program now offers a continuing education Mentorship Program in an effort to bring valuable classroom experience and one on one feedback to emerging teachers. This relationship offers individualized support and guidance from Alex and other 8 Limbs Senior Teachers to help the up and coming teacher gain confidence and skill with their teaching. The Mentorship Program is open to anyone who is currently enrolled in or has completed any Yoga Alliance-approved 200-hour Teacher Training Program. Enrolled students will work with an 8 Limbs Yoga Centers Senior teacher to complete observation hours, assisting, develop asana sequences and themes to review and receive a private to discuss future goals.
Mentorship Program Includes:
- Assisting in 5 consecutive classes with an 8 Limbs Yoga Centers Senior Instructor (focusing on alignment, prop support, adjustments, and classroom etiquette)
- Support in developing asana sequences and class themes
- Design and submit 4 original asana sequences
- Private session from Mentor to offer direct feedback with an individual assessment of emerging teacher’s goals
Submit a copy of:
- The “Application Questions” listed below with your questions.
- Your name, address, telephone number, email.
- Mentor you hope to work with: Alex Baker
- A current photo/headshot.
- Send all information to firstname.lastname@example.org
A printed copy of the application to:
8 Limbs Yoga Centers
Attn: Mentorship Program
500 E. Pike St., Seattle, WA 98122
A $45 application fee is due with your application. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. All applications are strictly confidential and will be read and shared only by Teacher Training Staff Members. Application Fee is waived for all 500-hour Enrollees.
Are you a Yoga Alliance certified 200-hour teacher or currently enrolled in a 200-hour program?
Which 200-hour program are you participating in or a graduate of?
Are you currently teaching? If so, what style, level, and how often?
Is there a style of Yoga you are interested in learning more about?
Is there a specific population you would like more experience with? For example; Intro to Yoga, Yoga for 50+, Prenatal, Back Care, etc.
Is there a teacher you currently study with? If so, who?
What are you looking to gain from in the Mentor Program at 8 Limbs?
You will be contacted within one week of submitting your application to arrange the mentorship schedule.
Questions? Contact Melina Meza, ERYT-500 for further information.